Well, January is finally over! It really did seem like the longest month ever. Typically people are motivated and driven at the start of January, full of new years resolutions to help them lead a better life. As the month drags on, those dark mornings and long days working can take their toll, meaning motivation starts to drop off. How can we stay on track and stay motivated?
The good thing is that it’s getting lighter in the evenings, so we can all slowly come out of hibernation! If your new year’s resolution was to get fit and lose weight, then the light nights means we can all do a more bit more exercise like running and walking. But now is the time to start thinking about spring and summer.
Tips for staying on track and keeping motivated:
- Set realistic expectations and focus on process goals
- Have a core focus – holiday’s or a big event always helps
- If you are trying to lose weight, plan, shop and prepare meals in advance to avoid snacking or ready meals
- Create a journal of foods you eat each day and record weight losses to track progress
- Plan for challenges and setbacks that will occur to stay on track
- Brave the outdoors, even though its winter wrap up and go for a run or walk.
- Variety is the spice of life – keep your exercise varied to keep motivated
Combining you’re existing exercise and fitness plan with private PT sessions can keep you motivated and increase your chances of reaching your goals and beyond. Our experienced PT’s are on hand to design a bespoke training plan for you in our fully-equipped fitness studios. There is no judgment, just 100% support to help you reach your goals. We can also help with meal planning and nutritional advice.
New clients can enjoy their first session for free, or take advantage of 3 for £60. There are no joining fees and you can cancel when you wish. We also offer 6 and 12-week body sculpt programmes, designed to help you make the change for life.
Call one of our fitness studios, drop us a DM or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to book or for more information.
Elysium Aldford, Chester 01244 620202 Elysium Tarporley 01829 781685